Saturday, August 4, 2007

Away for the first time

Soo I am in Hawaii.. Great huh? Sounds good!! well it isn't bad. Most people would kill to come here. Well i got lucky and came to help a friend out and it turned into me trying to get a job on a cruise ship. Well things seem to be going as planned as far as that comes.. But i am not going to lie.. it is difficult.. You see I've never been away from my mom for longer than 2 weeks at a time... and im a whole 5 hour time difference away. Clear across the ocean.. It's a big move and something to really get used to. Plus I've never had a boyfriend whom i adored when i've left and went away. Now I do.. So things are a little more complicated.. I left my family whom i love, my mother who has always been there... and my love whos time means everything to me.. But i got to thinking.. Everything happens for a reason.. I could really find myself and work on myself while i am here. I could lose weight.. work on my acne (not like its terrible or anything) and just really work on myself. I plan on also studying my bible. I would really like to learn more about it and more about my beliefs and religion. Also I am going to be writing in a journal and catching up with my baby on Pokemon (lol). Soo I will just need to keep myself busy.. plus it is nice seeing an old friend and catching up. It is also getting me prepared i believe for when i do need to get out there on my real own and start my own life and family. It will help me and my family prepare for whenever (in the future) that may happen.

Also everyone... it truley is beautiful here... the mountains and the beaches.. its so nice.. the weather is pretty nice (ecpecially compared to Oklahoma weather). But I got Burned bad today in the sun!! haha (stupid me right??) lol

but yeah wish me luck with the cruise ship job because things seem to be moving slower than planned with it and the more time it takes the longer EVERYTHING will take (pay check, being away, etc).

Well thats all for now. I plan on staying updated while i am in hawaii and away. Hope you enjoyed reading :)

*codie*

2 comments:

daniel and micara said...

I'm thinking of you. I love you very much. Am very proud of you and you are right, this is a great experience for you. We love ya, our lil hawaiian toad.

Kathy Lang said...

Hi Codie! It's great that you're starting a blog while you are away in beautiful Hawaii! Enjoy your time there and do all of things that you want to do. I'm so happy that you got hired to work for the cruise line! If you end up coming to Baltimore, MD for training we will have to get together. We'll keep in touch with you about that. Please know that we're praying for this to be a wonderful experience for you!